"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring

Okay, okay, it's definately time for an update.  Or two.  Or...well...you get my drift.  Winter vacation is definately over for me!   This has been a different winter for me as I have stayed home a lot.  With the gas prices climbing so steadily this last little bit, it hasn't been as convienent for me to run down to the cows or go help feed as much as I have done in the past.  I've made it my rule to be home when the boys get out of school and it was too far for Earl to run me back home at 3pm everyday and then go back to Chester for the rest of the day.  We run our cows 9,13, and 17 miles away so the gas really adds up fast!   Earl also had a big change this winter.  On top of feeding 400 head of cows and all other responsibilities he took a side job working in a  diesel mechanic shop and learned a lot.
So, I guess that is why I say I had a vacation but it sure doesn't seem like I accomplished much!  Spring is trying to get here. We have had a couple of bummer calves, a couple of Uncle Joe's bummer lambs, a surprise of baby rabbits and three unexpected puppies. I was able to give one pup to the neighbors (BLESS THEM!!!!) We have now added Hayes' show lamb to the backyard as well.

On to branding...We branded last weekend with the help of my family and some great friends! It is literally the highlight of my year!! Everyone is so willing to travel and spend time and work hard! The food is pretty good too!
Dally, me, and Hayes at the table.  Earl and Dad are behind us doing the work...

The "Nut" girl.... usually we don't save the nuts because it is so much work for ME to clean them but this year we did and had a fun nut fry with some friends.  Well worth the effort.  Thanks, Lar, for all that time spent on the front porch with me with dull knives!


Dad and Twix- I absolutely LOVE this picture!!



 Jared catching a calf.



 Kalon dragging a calf in.  Bless his heart, he tried and tried all morning to heel a calf but just couldn't get it done.  So, his wonderful dad took his rope and caught some small calves for him to dally and drag to the forks.  Earl was all grins and so was the Bear!!!




Dad bringing a calf in.

The Seely crew

          Jared, Taytum, and Cash

My wonderful sisters!!!!

Kalon and Hayes also gave shots this year and it was such a big help!
They still seem so young to me but they are definately growing up.



Love....The Bailey's

1 comment:

tikichikadee said...

You are the hardest working people! I feel like the laziest slob in the neighborhood!
You are so pretty, Aleesha, it makes me sick! After neutering calves and playing cowhand all day, you still are so beautiful!