"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Disneyland
















We are home. Our disneyland experience was busy, fun, frustrating, and hard. Before we even left, Kalon started in on the night croups so that was added to my short nights. I ran the cooler as cold as I could in our room to help and then had to get up to keep covering up the kids. Chansy had a horrible first night in Primm, NV. She was up a lot and so was I.
The drive went a little better than I thought that it would be. We took i-pods and a dvd player for the kids. In California, our hotel was across the street from the disneyland extrance and that was pretty nice. I packed all of our food and hauled it in every day so I had to get up early to get everything ready. We went to Disneyland the first day. It was frustrating being in such a big group. It seemed like we were always waiting for somebody. The rides were okay but the Indianna Jones ride can't hold a candle to Dad's excursions out in the hills. I've been spoiled! Thanks dad! There were a ton of people in the park that day and it was pretty overwhelming. Earl and I are not very patient waiters. The kids almost did better than us-almost. We hit, the jungle river ride, Indianna Jones, The haunted mansion, Splash mountain, Thunder mountain, and Pirates of the carribean (which I liked). There were only a few that Kalon and Dally could go on because they were too short so we all hung out at the stroller. After Dally and Chansy fell asleep in the stroller, we went to the Jedi training-TWICE. The boys absolutely LOVED this. It was Hayes' favorite thing. He had a stare down with Darth Mal. Kalon told us that Darth Mal wanted to kill him because he had a green shirt on and thought that he was Yoda. That was funny! We hit "honey, I shrunk the audience" and then I took the boys on Star tours, which I also loved. We went on the Buzz Lightyear ride and Kalon said that he shot Buzz because he had killed his father. What a laugh! We ended up staying for the Fantasmic show after everyone else had gone back to the hotel. We were told that we had to go and new that if we went back to the hotel that we would stay there. So we hung out. Earl took the kids on a few more rides while I hid and fed Chansy. Chansy cried all through the show and Kalon slept. It was pretty cool though from what we could see.
On our second day, we went to California Adventure. Kalon LOVED the tower of terror! Hayes hated it before we had even gotten on it. Soarin' was pretty good but we had to wait a long time. Screamin' was so so so so fun. The kids liked Bug world and we all loved the 3-d movie with it. Black widows dropped out from the ceiling and Kalon hit the floor and started swatting at them. We let the kids play in the water places and hit most of the rides in a bugs world. They also went on the carosel more times than I could count. Grandpa Warren saved us in the afternoon. He helped so much with our kids. THANKYOU! In all, I would not do it again right now even if someone payed me. It would have been a lot better with the kids being a little older and a lot funner for me. I am glad that the kids got to do it though and had such a good time. There's no place like home though.

4 comments:

Taytum and Jared said...

oh that sounds like so much fun for the kids I'm sure it was hard though especially with a baby...Jared and I cracked up when we read about Kalon thinking Darth mal wanting to kill him because he thought that he was Yoda :) That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

Nicole said...

I am so glad you survived... barely. lol That would have been hard and long and exhausting. You will need a month long vacation now just to get over your vacation. The stories are hilarious though!!

Jeff and Jessie said...

I am GLAD you are home!!! I still think we should've sent me with your tickets, but I bet you are more patient than I am in line!!!

tikichikadee said...

Wonderwoman, YOU need a vacation now. You can come over to my house of terror for some scares or you can slop around in our mud if you want. Spa day, anyone?
Savanna would have a heart attack if she saw the pictures with Mater and Lightening MCQueen, she has been so obsessed with Cars lately, it's crazy. I'm jealous you got to see dolphins! Beaches are certainly unique in their effect on humans, huh? Water, sand, and porpus' is all it takes to keep us happy. Hey, you survived. You go, girl; it's straight to heaven for you!