"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Friday, February 27, 2009

Newport Beach
















We had so much fun at the ocean. We drove from Primm, NV to Anaheim so it wasn't too bad of a ride but the kids were definately ready for some action. The kids originally started out wading which turned into splashing which ended with body surfing. What fun. It was so nice to be able to relax and watch the kids play and have so much fun. Kalon's feet got swept out from under him and he had a panic attack. Grandma Rainy had told them that the ocean would grab them and pull them out. His face was priceless. It didn't help that Grandma screamed and went running out and grabbed him. All that I got wet was my feet and the bottoms of my pants. Yes, the water was cold. I was filming the kids and it caught me by surprise a couple of times. I don't know how the kids could stand having their whole bodies in it. I guess that it wasn't too bad until they came out in the wind. Earl hung out with Chansy and walked the pier. OH, Kalon lost his pants a couple of times. He has definately lost his baby fat and that added to the wet denim didn't make for a good combination. Funny for us but not good for him. Hayes couldn't get over how fast his holes that he dug filled in. Kalon and Dally spent some time hunting for shells but Hayes wouldn't leave the water. I got to see a couple of dolphins at the end of the pier. It was a good day!! There was still sand on the outside of our car when we pulled into the garage at home. Between that and all that we shook out of the dirty clothes, we filled up the sandbox (almost).

4 comments:

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

I bet that was so much fun. In Mexico when I went in High School the water swept us off our feet too We looked like a bunch of hicks. I want to go some day when the kids get older. You guys deserved a trip. I hope you guys are doing well You are such good friends. Take care.

Taytum and Jared said...

That looks like so much fun i love the ocean so much it makes me homesick. That is so neat you guys got to go.

Sammi said...

O man, I have been on that beach before. It's so fun. Looks like Earl was a little scared of getting his feet wet huh? :)

Jeff and Jessie said...

What beautiful pictures! Priceless memories.