"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Monday, May 4, 2009


I know that Dally can hear me... she just chooses to ignore me and whatever consequences I give her. She could care less if I scream, spank, cry- it just blows right past her. I ALWAYS have to tell her to do something more than once or even twice! This is a typical Dally/Mommy interaction. Today, I told her to take the mail in the house and wash her hands. She heads for the puppy. I tell her to go in the house and put the mail on the table. Still walking away. I yell, "DALLY, go in the house and put the mail on the table." Am I on mute? I walk over to her, turn her toward the house and say, "Dally, can you hear me?" Do I need to box your ears to make you hear me???" She says, "No, you flip them"(with a smile). As I try not to laugh, I say, "Do I need to flip your ears?" The light goes on. "No," Dally says. "HECCCCCCKKK no!"

3 comments:

Jarad said...

I love that all of your posts are about one kid. All of mine are also about one kid.

Ronda said...

Oh my heck! I wonder who she takes after! Ok.. and the whole 'shark prayer'! She is hilarious! I miss you!

Jeff and Jessie said...

Sassitude. that is what we call it. And it is her only was to survive older brothers! Good thing she is so cute!