"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blessings

During the last little while it seems like everything has broken or worn out around our house. My lawn mower was the first to go this summer. Then, the water heater, and then the microwave that I used to heat water for the 11 days that we had no water heater. Earl and I also talked of adding on to our house which is not going to happen now either. I am now without a camera now as well. This is one of my hardest things to go without. I am a picture freak. My one excuse is that when my kids are grown and gone, I will still have my pictures. When it rains, it most definitely pours! In the midst of all of this, I am not going to complain because I am so truly blessed! I look around the world at all of the disasters and losses and horrible things that people are going through and I acknowledge that I am blessed. I live in a free nation (for now) where I can CHOOSE to do anything that I please. I have a warm home (still small for 6 people), beef to eat at my every convenience, healthy children (for the most part), wonderful friends and family, and I especially appreciate the blessing of raising my children in the gospel. For these things I am completely thankful and I know where these blessings have came from!

1 comment:

Jeff and Jessie said...

I am glad you are looking at the bright side! I think I would have gone the rounds with the water heater!! And I know when you say you are grateful for friends, you are talking about ME!!! Right?????
You are so good! You are the only mom I know that can revive frozen kitties.