"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

911

Okay, I always get meat, potatoes, bread, etc. stuck in my esophagus. It hurts like a bugger but I can usually dislodge it myself by either forcing it down or back up. Last week, it was just stuck. I took a drink of water trying to force it down and ended up puking and inhaling everything! I thought that I was going to die. This was by far the worst case that I have ever had. I was home alone with the kids. Hayes had gone to bed sick and it was just Kalon, Dally, Chansy and I. It scared Kalon to death. Somehow, I made it though the night convulsing and puking constantly (I couldn't swallow my own spit because of the blockage) and hit the ER the next day for an endoscopy. Since then, Kalon has been questioning me about what he should do. He has been really concerned when it has happened before anyway, so we started learning about 911. We borrowed Dally's pink princess Aurora phone, learned the numbers to push, learned his address and what to say and do. Then we had a trial run with me pretending to choke. He did a really good job. So, then I told him that you could call ANYTIME that you had a bad emergency and they would send help. Our next emergency scenario was Dally being hit by a car with broken legs and arms and blood everywhere (he helped me make it up). As Dally's laying on the floor, Kalon dials 911(on the pink princess phone) and explains the situation. Then he tells the pretend person on the other end, "Hold on a minute, I need to take a picture of all this blood" as he walks toward Dally with the pretend camera phone pointed towards her. BOYS!

2 comments:

Jeff and Jessie said...

HAHA! You better get him a phone that takes pictures-911 dispatch will LOVE it!

Jodi said...

That is so funny!!! It made my day! What a character you have!