"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I really need a new lawn mower. The one that I have now was supposed to last forever when we bought it 8 years ago. It has been slowly dying a horrible death for the last year or two. I have tried everything. I've changed the oil yearly (or not) or at least fill it up when it runs out-which should count because at least it's new oil (right?). I have even had it to the local repair shop. Anyway, as of today, my yard looks like it grew dreadlocks and then I turned Dally loose with a pair of electric clippers. I decided to get creative today and mow it on a "diagonal". It would look soooo professional. Well, I started in the middle and started cutting it like you would plow a field in kind of a circle, working your way around. The mower got really sick. Just to get it to start the first time, I have to pull the spark plug and clean it. I did it 3 different times just to keep it running. Alas, failure, and then DEATH. My lawn is in mourning over it's ugliness which is not going to change in the near future. So, when you drive by my yard, it's the white trash one with the lawn mower up on blocks. Oh, wait, you won't be able to see it because the grass will be so tall!

2 comments:

Jeff and Jessie said...

That is what that hacking sound was-I just thought Earl may need to change brands! You can use mine if you like-just don't scream when you start it up and a horde of earwigs come flying out!
I know a really great lawn mower shop that sells mowers at a great price-they have used ones too so they may have something in your price range. Snicker! Sorry-couldn't help it!

aleesha said...

Hmmmm, I'm so glad that you are my neighbor with our private and extremely funny jokes.. THANKYOU my friend!