"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bear Country

Warren's herder, Ed, has had bear trouble lately and lost a lot of lambs and ewes to a hungry bear. He finally got even. I knew that this was bear country but this is the first one I've seen. Earl's brother was going to try and save the hide (that white stuff all over it is salt) but the DWR wouldn't let them keep it. They had already had us cut the ears off but after they saw how big ti was they changed their minds. I guess that the skull is pretty valuable. It was pretty cool to see though. It was 7 1/2 feet long from nose to hind paw.

3 comments:

Jeff and Jessie said...

Makes you want to go out camping!
Here Bear! There is a toddler not sleeping!

tikichikadee said...

So that's the rascal that has been rumaging around my backyard!

Falen said...

That is pretty cool! Thanks for posting..we wouldn't have seen it otherwise :) I cant believe how big he is! I am sad we didn't get to see much of you this weekend, I hope you had fun with your family though!