"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Monday, July 13, 2009

Downgraded

Hmmmm. Well, I had an interesting Sunday. I had an appointment to meet with the bishopric right before church and they informed me that they were releasing me from my job as primary secretary. BIG SURPRISE. Okay, I GUESS I can do that. Then the told me that they wanted to keep me as a primary worker. Back to the hmmmmm. I have Chansy (10 months). My secretary job has not been so bad to do with a baby. As soon as I finish, I can take care of her. She plays by my feet as I take roll. Not a bad thing. As I was training the new secretary the counseler came up and told me that they were putting me in nursery. Now, normally, that would not be a bad thing. I LOVE THE KIDS IN THE NURSERY! Every week when I go in to take the roll I always hang out for a while. Our nursery is really young though. All day, I pictured 1 and 2 year olds mauling Chansy, crying, and then Chansy crying because they were crying, and fighting over toys. Yeah. Not a good day. I also have the lesson next Sunday. I am not complaining about teaching a lesson to little kids. Heck, I might even learn something since I am right on their level but-THIS WEEKEND IS LAMB DAY!!! Let's just say, completely over-scheduled and crazy. We are getting lambs ready this week and praying that they don't die before we get to sell them. Anyway, I guess that stress is a big deal in how I feel about the new calling and I really really hope that it will be better than I think. I don't like how I found out about it though. Is it normal to just be kicked out of a calling without any warning and just thrown into a corner. I JUST DON'T KNOW. So, if I ever quit murmering, I might get a few very needed blessings from this new experience to serve. Cowboy up to the nursery table. The snacks will help. Think that the kids will like chocolate and pepsi?!?

2 comments:

Falen said...

I was in nursery when Calder was 8 months old. I was worried that the kids would kill him, but they actually did better than I thought. I was just more worried about all the germs I would end up bringing home! Ü Hang in there!

Jeff and Jessie said...

HA! At least Simon will have someone who loves him!