"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008


I love Christmas! Everything about it makes me happy. We had a wonderful Christmas at the Bailey's.

The kids all got brand new bikes from Santa. He is good! Dally finally decided what she wanted on Christmas Eve ( a pink bike) and he came through. The kids were all thrilled! We opened presents and then decided that we would try to make it to Woodruff to talk to Sister Stuart in Brazil. I had been holding out to see what the weather would be like. It was somewhat clear when we left but when we hit Nephi canyon, they had plowed down the center line and that was it. The only clear roads were from north of Nephi to Provo and then it got worse. Much, much worse. We were pulling the little 2-horse trailer with my tahoe ( Grandma & Grandpa got new recliners from all of the kids) so Earl kicked it in 4-wheel drive the whole way and we never spinned a wheel. There were times that we couldn't see anything though. It was a nervewracking trip but it was so worth it to me to talk to Andreea and give Mom and Dad their present. Jared, Taytum, and Cash were there too and Lauree surprised us by getting work off. Andreea is doing great by the way. Needs new shoes AGAIN. By the time that she gets them though it will be time to come home. Brazil mail.

I have actually had a very good but quiet week. We left Hayes, Kalon, and Dally in Woodruff. Wow, I have only been called Aleesha all week. It has been NICE. Yes, I kind of miss the kids but I talked to them every day and I did still have Chansy. One day, we herded cows and I even got to ride Sumi back to the trailer. Then another, Earl and I took Chansy and got her new pictures taken (and shopped). Earl decided that he doesn't like going to the stores that I shop at or looking for the things that I shop for. (Walmart and Sam's Club). I told him that it is a need , not a want. What I wouldn't give to go into a store and actually try clothes on by myself without kids crawling out from underneath the dressing room door. Mom's... you understand.

1 comment:

Jeff and Jessie said...

What would it be like to change in the changing room without kids running in and out. I did bra shopping once with the kids-not only laughable, but impossible! I get where you are coming from!