"Happy people don't necessarily have everything. They just make the most out of everything they have."


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hayes' Baptism



On January 3, Hayes was baptised a member of the church by his Dad. What a special, wonderful day!! We had a very excited/nervous 8 year old. On the day before, Mom and Maureen brought the kids back from Woodruff. Hayes had his bishop interview that night and then Earl and I took him to J.C. Micklesons for a special supper. (Hayes ordered chicken nuggets and chips). Hayes was one of 4 in his ward to baptized with 3 more in the stake. The baptism was in Moroni at the stake center. After Hayes got baptised, Dally who was front and center, giggled and said, "Haaayes, you're FUNNY!!! It was pretty cute. Then she ran by the bishop and punched him in the leg and laughed. Where did she come from?!? Hayes was confirmed by Earl with Grandpa Kent and Grandpa Warren, and Uncles Joe, Jess, Kim, and Jed. What a special day! He is so big and yet still so small and innocent. I hope that he can always remeber this day and be able to have this memory to strengthen his own testimony. What a great kid!!!

3 comments:

Jarad said...

Congratulations! Do you feel old?

Nicole said...

You are NOT old enough to have an 8 year old! He is so so darling. What a neat day and that Dally is a character!!

tikichikadee said...

Aleesha, that is so awesome. I wish I was a better neighbor, I feel so awful. I probably seem like a reclusive old hag. Your family is beautiful. I have a secret...I was like Dally when I was a kid. So look up! My mom survived with almost enough sanity to survive Savanna!